Saturday, April 7, 2018

The Crying Dancing Girl


Tonight, I see a dancing girl,
Her body, like the birds of paradise, 
Swinging in the August wind,
Hundreds of eyes feasting on her form,
Mesmerized in her moves and shifts,
Laughter – as that of African hyena!

Tonight, I am among these hungry eyes,
A visual feast, right on the stage,
Alas! Oceans of tears, I can feel,
In her li’l eyes – hidden, tensed, 
Deeper inside her, like a stolen pearl,
In this li’l dazzling dancing girl.

Tonight, my eyes weep
With oceans of tears behind, tensed,
Deeper in my weakening eyes,
With a crying dancing girl,
Moving hither and shifting thither,
Like a trained Indian parrot,
With the beat, rhymes and rhythm,
Right here, beside me.  

Tonight, the dance is but an irony,
Sorrows coated with laughter,
Miseries seasoned with ecstasy,
And the audiences, as though like an owl,
Blinded by big bright blue bulbs,
All in, alas! High spirits!

Tonight, my heart is breaking,
With the scene of pretence,
Persistence and perseverance
Of this crying dancing girl,
Weeping like a child within,
Entertaining the heartless beings,
Until their ill-bred eyes close.        

Tonight, I will turn back, faraway,
Her tears and pain, I shall remember,
Her innocent dance-steps, in my heart, 
And shed some more tears down my cheeks,
Sob for days and nights, sniff sniff!
Yet, pretend a smile on my face,
For this li’l crying dancing girl!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete